Monday 22 February 2010

Digital-Ink Co Challenge 17 "All about peace"




Can you believe another 2 weeks have passed & here we are with another challenge running from 22nd February to 1stMarch, (yes its weekly from now on). this time all about peace. It could be a play on words or anything that gives you peace for example, so get your thinking caps on & click the link in my side bar & go on over & take part. The prizes are well worth winning as you can see.
For my example, I started out by Googling "peace" quotations & came up with this one from Mother Theresa & thought I could make it fit this stamp by Beary Dust which is available at Digital-Inkco and costs $2.00.
I looked on Greetings Card Factory & found this image of doves which I printed directly onto card & decoupaged the ribbon & also glittered in appropiate places. I then cut out a square from the front of the card & glittered around the edge to make a frame & stuck acetate into the opening.
Image coloured with Prismas & Sansador & placed as if she is leaning out of the window. She has a smile a bit like the Mona Lisa, hardly there at all, but just enough to make the point.
Now do you want to see more of these stamps? Then subscribe to the Digital-Ink weekly newsletter, where you will get to see new releases, get a free stamp each week & get to hear of the sales & offers in the store.
Lastly please become a follower of my blog, it would make my day & also don't forget to follow Digital-Ink challenge blog as well. Good luck & I look forward to seeing your entries.
Posted by Dawn at Monday, February 22, 2010

10 comments:

Judy said...

Hey Dawnie

This is so cute! I love the 3 - D you've done with this. Sometimes I find myself gazing out my window at something that's captured my attention. What a great "piece" for our "Peace" challenge!

Lots of Love,
Judy

Sam said...

Great card hun I love the window cut out detail. Take care hun
Sam x

Harriet H said...

Love your card and I agree with your sentiment... wtg girl....

Harriet

Dragonlady said...

Hi there

Fabulous card hun, love the colouring.

HUgs Ali x

stitchy said...

Dawnie, what a cute card this is..me too on the cut out window, great touch hun...love it
hugz
stitchy xx

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Dawnie, This card is really pretty! I love the blue and purple together. Great job keep it up girl!

Unknown said...

Hi Dawnie,
I have become a follower now hun, so sorry I wasn't here sooner - naughty me eh??? Anyways, fabulous card this. I love the way your image looks out of your card and love the embellies.
Hugs
Dawn xx

Stampin Lucy said...

How fun!! I love your take on this challenge. She is too cute!

Bev said...

Dawn love it. the imagine is so cute.
And you have also reminded me I must use my GCF. not played with that in ages.

xx

Rhonda said...

great card! Love the window and the colors are gorgeous!