Sunday 23 January 2011

OSAAT Challenge 46

This week we have an Anything Goes theme BUT you must use a digi! The sponsor is Kenny K
The winner will receive 3 digis as 1st prize. Runner up will receive 2 digis & 3rd will receive 1 digi, all of your choice. Our Christmas club also starts this week, so you can start building your Christmas cards for next year in plenty of time.

I have made a Christmas card this week & used a Floppy Latte image called Snowglobe & this can be purchased here.
I used My Craft Studio & enlarged the image into a card size shape. Drew around the image to create a back & joined the 2 together at the top to make a stand alone card.
I paper pieced the scene & added Glamour Dust onto the roofs & ends of the trees, although it is difficult to see from the photo. I have then added an acetate overlay & used Liquid Pearls to create the snow in a snow globe. It looks quite effective, although I say it myself. Its always difficult to photograph acetate, so photo does not show the sparkle unfortunately.
Entered into the following challenges
A Spoonful Of Sugar Blue & Green
My Time To Craft Spots & Dots
Creative Cottage Shaped Cards
Frosted Designs Use Vellum, Transparencies or Acrylic

13 comments:

Liz said...

I think you have done a lovely Card Dawn love the paper piecing and what you have done with MCS I have it myself tho I have not used it a lot Wonderful work here Thank you Dawn!

Liz xx

Josephine said...

So lovely! Love the unusual shape too.

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW this is super, I love the idea of the acetate over the top with the snow. Hazelxoxo

Brenda Brown said...

Wow, how clever Dawn, such a great card and beautifully finished.
Sorry for having been a bad blogging buddy recently but thankyou for keeping in close touch, I have really appreciated the contact and the support.
Have a wonderful Sunday and great week ahead.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Jayne said...

This is lovely Dawn, great idea to use the acetate and liquid pearl for snow.

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Fab idea hun with the acetate & liquid pearls....mmmm acetate is a pain to photograph, but I think you've done a fab job!!
hugs shell xx

Love crafts forever said...

I love the shape of your card. And colors are beautiful.
Hugs Nat

Deb said...

Awesome shape Dawn and such fabulous colors
Deborah
xxx

Gem said...

this is lovely Dawn! :) X

Marjo said...

Hi Dawn,

Love the Snow Glove! Wonderful Christmas Club Creation.

Hugs, Marjo

Berry said...

Dawn such a versatile card and what a great job! Thanks for sharing at the creative cottage this wk and for joining in at frosted designs where I guest DTd this wk! Hugs Rebekah xx

cheryl said...

oh amazing shaped card hun,and your detail on this is just perfect hugs cheryl xxx

Bev said...

Dawn this card is Gorjuss. xxx