Sunday, 21 August 2011

Magnolia Notice Board

In November I am going away for 5 days with friends on a crafting weekend in Yorkshire, we stay in a cottage & generally have a good time. I have been asked to do a class whilst we are there & this is what I have come up with. I saw a similar idea at Sir Stamp A Lot hanging up & thought I could make my own, the one at Sir Stamp A Lot was a kit, made out of chipboard & had a peg for the pencil holder I started by buying some foam board from Hobbycraft & cut out 2 x 20cm squares & made holes using my manual hole puncher (Crop O Dile wouldnt go through as board too thick). I then covered it using papers in my stash.
I then used my Craft Robo to cut out 8 circles in card & I attached them to the corners to provide more protection for the corners, by cutting away a quarter of the circle & folding around the corner. I coloured them using Promarkers.
I then painted blackboard paint onto cardboard that I had saved from some curtain packaging I had recently bought & attached that to one of the boards & decorated the top with flowers.
To the bottom board, I attached a ribbon using brads & glue, which allowed me to add the jotter pad by hooking it over the ribbon.
I covered the jotter in contrasting papers & added a Shopping Tilda to the front.
I then added ribbon to the top board by knotting it at the front of the board & also between the 2 boards by tying the ribbon at the back. I also coloured this to match the corners with the same Promarker.
I then had to decide how to attach the chalk & the pencil, so sat down with my Craft Robo & designed 2 holders, which again I covered with papers the same as the jotter & added  flowers to each. I then stuck them on using glue.
Lastly I added another Tilda to the bottom right hand of the blackboard to finish off.
Hey presto a notice board to make in Yorkshire. Now I have to prepare another 7 kits to allow the others to make it too.
Entered into these challenges.
Magnolia Stamp Lovers Flowers
Sir Stamp A Lot Whatever You Fancy
Craft Us Crazy Anything Goes
Creative Craft Challenges Anything But a Card
Craft Your Passion Anything But a Card
Post a Comment