Saturday, 19 May 2012

Magnolia Down Under 2nd GDT Post

Its time for another challenge over at Magnolia Down Under & this week is ''Make Your Own Embellishment''. I chose to make my own flower out of lace
I threaded cotton along the top edge of the ribbon & pulled to make the circle. Added a smaller piece of black ribbon & added a jewel & hey an easy flower. I added ribbon & leaves & a pearl decoration for dimension.
I knew I was going to use Japanese Tilda (dont ask me why, it just came to me whilst laying in bed!!!), so I started out by making my background. This took ages & ages, I used my Hougie Board to make the criss cross along the card.
I them embossed the lines using an Embossing pen (yes can you remember them haha) & Embossing powder. I then did not like it red & white, so coloured all the squares in black & embossed them too. Finally I had a background that I liked for this card. I had already cut out the frame & backed it with some sparkly material in my stash & edged the frame with Liquid Pearls.
My chopsticks are from a Glitter Girls board & once again, embossed & a little Glamour Dust added too. The flower on top is 2 petals from stash, coloured with Promarkers, shaped & glittered & a little jewel in centre.
The fan is an old wooden stamp I have by Rubber Stampede called Asian Fans. I coloured with Promarkers & Red Stickles & Glamour Dust. Finally my Tilda is also coloured with Promarkers & I have left her skin very light as the Geisha girls did, she also has the Glamour Dust treatment.

All in all, I really like this card & the way it turned out, albeit that it took a long time to create.
Entering it into the following challenges
Challenge Up Your Life Asia
Dis Digi Designs Show Us That Bling
I Love Promarkers Anything Goes
Magnolia Stamp Lovers Hip2 Be Square
Magnolia-licious Inspiration Picture (I took reds, green & white)
Alphabet Challenge Handmade Flowers

I have won over at Magnolia-licious for this card.
I ave won Top 3 over at Challenge Up Your Life with this card.
Post a Comment