Friday 21 December 2012

Tilda & Flower

Yesterday my hubby had his Christmas do, so that left me alone all evening, so of course off I went into my craft room, I Tunes blaring away & made this card. I had been to Grafton Crafts during the day with a friend & had bought the papers that I have used here & they are by Craft Creations Ltd. We had a lucky escape actually as when we came through Kimbolton, the roads were flooding & I could see that the River was being monitored as it was level with the road, so instead of having lunch first, we did our craft shopping & came back & had lunch in a pub near home, but just after we drove through, the road was closed & that would have made a big detour to have gotten home, so for once my timing was spot on!
Anyway back to the card, I have used the sketch over at Sketch & Stash. The corners are a Cheery Lyn corner die in the same papers.
The images are Meadow Daisy from Summer Memories collection & Berry Tilda from Lazy Summer Days, both of which are coloured with Watercolours. Not happy with result, but I will keep practising at different mediums from time to time.
The fence & bird table are both a Marianne die set. The sentiment ticket is a Magnolia die. Ribbon, flowers, butterfly, dew drops & Bakers Twine all from stash.
There you have a spring looking card with no snow anywhere lol.
Entering into the following other challenge
Marvellous Magnolias 2 or more Magnolia stamps

10 comments:

Vicky said...

Adorable Dawn...:o)

Wishing you a Merry Christmas hun...biggest of hugs Vicky xx

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous, I love the colours!
Helen x

Brigitte said...

Your card is soooo cute!!!! Love the greens and the gems on the fence! Thanks for joining us this week at Marvelous Magnolia and we hope to see you again next challenge. Hugs, Brigitte

cheryl said...

oh wow hun this is stunning,your detail is first class just wanted to pop over to say happy christmas and to say bless you for all your support hugs Cherylxxxxxx

Ally said...

What a great card and I love that the corners are in the same paper. gives it a cool effect!
Thanks for joinung us at Sketch N Stash!
Hugs, Alessandra

~@ngie~ said...

what a pretty card & gorgeous colours too... makes ya almost forget the cold dreary weather outside LOL

Thanx for joining in with us over at Sketch N Stash... Good luck :)

hugz Angie xXx

Christy Designs said...

Beautiful card. Love your yellow bright color and design.
Thanks for joining us at Marvelous Magnolia.

Judy said...

Very, very pretty!!! and I love those colors together.

Blessings to you and yours, and a very Merry Christmas.

xo
Judy

Brenda Brown said...

HI Dawn, love your cute card and such fresh colours.
Lucky escape from the closed road then. I remember how the flood plains all around Godmanchester and St. Ives used to flood from the River Ouse. I expect they still do.
Thanks for visiting and leaving me a comment. I hope you've had a great Christmas.
Wishing you a happy, healthy and creative 2013.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Fleur said...

A gorgeous Magnolia creation, Thanks for sharing at Marvelous Magnolia,
Hope you have a happy 2013
HUGZ Fleur xXx